National Cattlemen's Beef Association
1. COLLECTION. Personal information refers to information that is connected to Your name, and may include things such as Your email address, username, phone number, company name, job title, designation, training courses completed, gender, physical address, or telephone number.
1.1 NCBA collects personal information when Users voluntarily submit it to Us. For example, You may choose to submit personal information to NCBA when You complete online forms, use or access Content, request Services, or register for a course through the Platform. In addition to personal information, NCBA may collect other information from Users using the following technologies:
- Cookies. "Cookies" are small bits of information that the Website places on the hard drive of Your computer. Cookies remember information about Your activities on the Website to make Your visits to the Website more enjoyable and valuable to You by providing a customized experience and recognizing Your preferences when You visit the Website. If You have chosen to disable cookies on Your browser, some of the functionality of the Website may be lost. Certain web pages or services provided by NCBA, require that cookies be enabled in Your browser and cannot be used when You have disabled cookies in Your browser.
- Flash Cookies. (also called Local Shared Objects or "LSOs") Flash cookies are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
- Web beacons or clear pixels. Web beacons are small graphic images on a web page or in an email that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements that You select, or tracking the performance of email marketing campaigns.
- Web server logs. Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the web pages You request to Your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term You entered or the link You clicked to bring You to the web page. The web server log also may record information about Your browser, such as Your IP address and the cookies set on Your browser by the server.
2. USE. NCBA's primary purpose in collecting personal information through the Platform is to provide Users with information regarding the Beef Quality Assurance ("BQA") program and/or Masters of Beef Advocacy program ("MBA") and related products and services offered by NCBA, its parent, subsidiary, and other related companies and its trusted affiliates, independent contractors, and business partners. NCBA may also use personal information for various purposes, including without limitation to:
- To help diagnose problems with the Platform, and to enhance the Platform for optimal User experience.
- To monitor usage and performance of the Platform, and to research aggregate information about Users to determine business planning, marketing, advertising, and sales efforts of NCBA, its trusted affiliates, independent contractors, and business partners.
- To provide and deliver the Content and Services You select on the Website.
- To ensure compliance with certain terms and conditions and agreements entered into between You and NCBA.
- To provide maintenance, support, and customer service for the Platform.
- To keep track of the courses that You completed on the Platform.
3. SHARING. NCBA does not sell or rent Your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. NCBA may disclose personal information collected from Users to its parent, subsidiary, and other related companies and its trusted affiliates, independent contractors, and business partners as outlined above. In limited circumstances, NCBA may share Your personal information with Our suppliers, contractors, and agents who perform functions related to BQA and MBA education, training or certification on our behalf, or in connection with Services offered by NCBA or to meet a request made by You. There may be instances when NCBA may disclose personal information without providing You with a choice in order to protect the legal rights of NCBA; to protect the safety and security of other Users; to protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or to comply with the law or legal process. In addition, as part of providing the Services, NCBA may also share Your personal information on the Platform with third party entities involved with BQA and MBA education, training or certification. These third party entities may include state cattlemen's associations, state beef councils, state co-operative agricultural extension or other agricultural organizations who assist in extending BQA and MBA education, training or certification including , instructors and administrators of educational institutions.
5. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
5.1 Children. The Website is not directed at children under the 13 years of age. NCBA does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. We recommend children under 13 years of age utilize the Youth for the Quality Care of Animals education platform found at yqca.org.
5.2 International Operations. NCBA is based, and this Platform is hosted, in the United States of America. If You are from a country outside of the United States of America with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law and You provide personal information to NCBA, please note that any personal information You provide to NCBA may be transferred to the United States of America. By providing Your personal information, You hereby specifically and expressly consent to such transfer and processing and the uses and disclosures set forth herein or in the Terms of Service related to the use of and access to the Platform.
5.4 Do-Not-Track. Some web browsers and devices permit You to broadcast a preference that You not be "tracked" online. At this time NCBA does not modify Your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
6. COMMUNICATIONS. We may send You periodic communications using the contact information we have for you, such as your email address. You may opt-out of such communications by contacting us at the email address listed below. If You have questions or concerns regarding NCBA's collection, use, or sharing of Your personal information or any other privacy or security issue, please contact:
National Cattlemen's Beef Association
9110 East Nichols Ave.
Centennial, CO 80112
If NCBA needs, or is required, to contact You concerning any event that involves information about You We may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
Effective as of August 1, 2017.